Xenon HID Installtion Guide
Please read the reference handbook carefully before removing original car lighting from the vehicle. Please read through the entire handbook carefully before installing the HID system. Following this guide will make sure that no harm or damage comes to your vehicle.
1. As a safety precaution, make sure that the car has had time to cool down properly before starting the installation process.
2. Put the vehicle into “park” or make sure it is securely in gear.
3. Make sure to have the ignition turned off and the keys removed.
4. Be careful to avoid burns, especially when turning on or off the vehicle’s lighting.
5. Be careful to avoid crushing or cutting the bulbs. Also make sure to not touch the bulbs with your fingers, as this will cause blotting.
6. Fully examine the connection of the contact points, ports and the wires as faulty connections can cause lighting problems.
7. Make certain that the end of the bulb does not come in contact with the interior light shield of the headlight when adjusting the bulb.
8. In some cases you will be required to drill a 25mm hole into the back of the resin or rubber headlight cap.
9. When connecting the bulb and the step-up transformer, do not connect the wrong electrodes.
10. Do not connect the incorrect electrodes when putting power through the step-up transformer.
Method of installing the bulb and step-up transformer.
1. Wrap the ballast tightly with double-sided tape and make sure the two ends are firmly connected.
2. Connect the port of the bulb with the port of the power supply. (red port, black port)
Please check on it after the installation.
1. Make sure that the wires are connected correctly and match up.
2. Also make sure to have the wires secured, but neither too loose nor too tight.
3. Be certain that there are no wires sticking out from the connection points.
Restoration of parts and the operation
1. Make sure that the parts taken apart for the installation are returned to their original places afterward.
2. Check on the effectiveness of the high beams and the low beams.
3. Always be sure to make sure that no other parts have been disturbed during the installation (lamps, wipers etc.).
1. Bulb malfunction
a. The high temperature on the top of the bulb may melt the interior shield.
Solution: Separate the top of the bulb from the interior shield by 5mm using a wrench.
Problem: This may change the focus of the light.
2. Poor light output from the beams
a. Lack of power input may lead to the bulb flickering or simply poor lighting.
Solution: Adding an additional relay set will help to stabilize the electric voltage and improve the light output.
Problem: There may be noise when the lights are turned on.